BUZZ QUOTE ~ “It occurs to me that our survival may depend upon our talking to one another.”Dan Simmons.
In this world of online social networks, face to face networking is more important and more effective than ever.
Buzz Article below and last chance to book for Buzz Drinks -our end of year celebration (and my birthday this week:), this Wednesday night at Red Oak from 5.30-7.30pm.
A Forbes Insights research paper found 8 out of 10 executives prefer face to face networking with 75% of the respondents preferring the interaction of a social event that allowed them to bond with clients and co-workers.
Sounds like they love a good Christmas party. As I do!
Yes, the silly season is here but remember to stay switched on at end of year networking events to maximise lead generation and relationships.
One of the biggest mistakes people make when attending end of year events is losing their focus. While it’s absolutely fine to relax and have a few drinks (jn fact, people feel more comfortable talking to you if you ARE holding a drink!), staying strategic from a networking perspective will mean you have some super possibilities open up for the year ahead.
So be the one nursing a hot sales lead or two, or a great internal connection instead of a hangover.
Here are some tips on staying strategic at networking events at the pointy end of the year.
- Find out who’s going to the event. Is it worth you even being there?
- Don’t find your tribe and stay with them all night. Talk to new people. Introduce yourself to at least five people you have never met before.
- Move around. There’s a reason a social butterfly is named after something that flits about constantly! Work your way through the crowd and NEVER get stuck in a corner or sitting down.
- Have an introduction spiel ready to go (we call it a positioning statement - and can help you develop yours). Shake hands, smile and laugh. People are drawn to confidence.
- People love talking about themselves and their business. Ask them what their plans are for 2015. This could open up potential collaboration or sales opportunities for you. Be ready to share information about yourself too - you are there to strengthen and create relationships after all.
Wishing you every success with your upcoming events:)
As always, let us know if we can assist you and stay connected...
Happy Silly Season!!!